Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Trauma/Critical Care)
Job ID: 90494
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, weekends
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Trauma/Critical Care
Full-Time – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Provides a high level of direct patient care pharmacy services for an assigned, specialized patient population in Trauma/Critical Care to assure adequate patient care according to professional standards and practices.
- Advises/consults with patients and their families and the medical and nursing staff.
- Participates in research and drug use and outcome management programs within specialty area
- Responsible for publishing data or giving presentations at local, regional or national meetings
- Instructs and trains pharmacy residents and students
- Assists in overseeing and directing the clinical services provided by pharmacists.
- Acts as a mentor to clinical pharmacists.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is required.
- Master of Science, PhD or Doctor of Pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical pharmacy experience required if only with Bachelor’s degree.
- Licensure by the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy is required.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency and completion of a PGY2 Critical Care Specialty Residency is required or the five (5) years of substituted clinical pharmacy experience noted in #1 would be in addition to the three (3) years’ experience noted here.
- Certification from the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties is preferred if applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW