Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Transplant
Job ID: 96182
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, and weekends
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Transplant
Full-Time – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Provides a high level of direct patient care pharmacy services for an assigned, specialized patient population to assure adequate patient care according to professional standards and practices.
- Advise and consult with patients and their families and the medical and nursing staff.
- Participate in research and drug use and outcome management programs within their specialty area
- Responsible for publishing data or giving presentations at local, regional or national meetings and instruct and train pharmacy residents and students.
- Act as a mentor to other clinical pharmacists.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is required. Master of Science, PhD or Doctor of Pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is preferred. Five years of clinical pharmacy experience required with Bachelor’s degree.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy is required.
- Completion of an ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency, specialty residency or a fellowship; or five years relative clinical experience required. Completion of a PGY2 Residency is preferred.
- Certification from the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties is preferred. If specific practice involves the Anticoagulation Clinic, then certification as an Anticoagulation Provider is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride encapsulates the journey in my life to where I am today. I'm a confident gay man, a proud father of three kids, and a happily married husband. I'm also one that believes my whole self is a unique creation of God. In my lifetime, we've had to fight for the right to marry who we love. We've had to fight for the right to be parents and adopt children. We've come a long way in the journey towards justice and equality, but Pride reminds me there's many more steps on the path. Right now Pride reminds me, especially in this time, of our trans brothers and sisters' fight. Right now they're encountering great struggles, and we must march together because we're more powerful together than are we are as one. Lastly, Pride reminds me that of all the struggles that we can overcome today, that's one less struggle that my kids will have to deal with in their lifetime.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW