Clinical Pharmacist (Managed Care)/NON-REMOTE
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0016280
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of clinical pharmacy programs including but not limited to medication adherence, medication therapy management (MTM), utilization, polypharmacy and high-risk medication monitoring
- Assists in planning and implementing new and revised clinical programs and services
- Serves as a formulary, pharmacy benefits, and drug information resource, assisting Clinical, Pharmacy, HEDIS, and other departments as well as allied healthcare providers across the organization
- Contributes to projects aimed at improving Part D Star ratings and other pharmacy-related quality metrics
- Monitors drug utilization and assists leadership team in understanding quality and cost control issues related to pharmacy
- Works with the PBM to manage formulary changes and provide updates to the clinical leaders
- Works with leadership on developing annual training sessions for applicable staff regarding the pharmacy benefit changes for the upcoming year
- Provides medication therapy management services including examination of member medical records, performing a comprehensive medication review and targeted medication reviews, and communicating with members and providers, including outbound calls to members to discuss their medications
- Reviews members' medication profiles and applies evidence based medicine and national guidelines when creating recommendations to health care providers for optimizing the members' medication regimen
- Analyzes and reviews medication lists for potential patient safety problems, including drug interactions, suboptimal medication regimens, etc.
- Assists Director with developing/updating policies and procedures and implementing changes to comply with state and federal regulations
- Provides clinical medication therapy evaluations and recommendations to members and providers regarding the safe appropriate and cost-effective use of medication
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy in the advanced pharmacy practice rotations for fourth year pharmacy school students
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong professional work ethic
- Self-directed, but also able to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, exercising sound judgment, discretion and the initiative to facilitate change
- Excellent organizational skills, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database software applications
- Able to travel nationally up to 20% of the time
- Fluent in English; bilingual a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Must be a Florida licensed and registered pharmacist in good standing
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Minimum (2) years of pharmacist experience required
- Experience in a managed care setting (HMO, MSO, PBM) preferred
- Managed Care Pharmacy residency training preferred
- HEDIS Stars experience preferred, but not required
- Medication Therapy Management certification is a plus
- Certified to provide immunizations is a plus
Facilitates the engagement in a collaborative healthcare model that strives to improve patient health outcomes. Proactively communicate with patients and providers to effectively optimize prescription drug regimens and therapeutic outcomes to reduce healthcare costs while improving patient experience. This includes providing information related to medication counseling, discussion of therapy alternatives, standards of care, and preventative care measures. Work collaboratively in the implementation of clinical pharmacy programs and service aids. Ensures clinical compliance with law and regulatory bodies. Pursues continual professional development to identify best practices and improve patient care.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director