Job ID: 92241
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 7a-3:30p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Full-Time – Day Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we know that caring can’t be taught, it’s something that comes naturally.
We’re looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary Security Team at UM BWMC — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Named Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland and features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. As a Top 10 Maryland hospital ranked by U.S. News and World Report, UM BWMC is the pulse that keeps Anne Arundel County moving forward.
- Responsible for the assessment of patients including development, evaluation, and modification of the plan of care.
- Interprets and performs complex patient care procedures that are specific to their area of expertise.
- In the absence of the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator, the Clinical Pharmacist will assume the Coordinator’s duties. Patients served include infant, child and adolescent, adult and geriatric.
As a member of our team, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Growth & Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate from accredited school of Pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and clinical experience (residency) are acceptable in lieu of PharmD.
- Current Maryland License or eligible for licensure in the State of Maryland required.
- One – two years as Clinical Pharmacist in institutional setting preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My name is Christina, and I'm a respiratory therapist at UM BWMC. At the height of COVID, I had actually joined the hospital as a clinical extern, and upon obtaining my license, I decided to join full-time. One of the reasons why I chose to join full-time was because, as a new grad, it was very important for me to have my voice heard and appreciated, which I definitely feel at this hospital. And in addition, it is a huge plus to have all the up-to-date technologies and equipment readily available for me to utilize. I love working here, and as a new grad, I couldn't have chose a better place to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW