The employee’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. The Pharmacy Vision is to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time, and that each Pharmacy employee understands how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. Each Pharmacy employee will be essential in ensuring that Novant Health Pharmacy exists to ensure safe, effective, and affordable medication use in our communities, one person at a time. The pharmacist serves as part of the healthcare team at Novant Health by supporting authentic personalized relationships with patients and their chosen support system, collaborating with team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health. The pharmacist accepts responsibility, authority, accountability and ownership for management and provision of care in accordance with current policies and procedures.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Required
- Committee (FPGEC) Certification ;Doctorate of Pharmacy Preferred
- Experience: Postgraduate year 1 residency or fellowship OR two years of experience as a registered pharmacist in health system pharmacy Required
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Pharmacy licensure in appropriate state(s) Required
- or must be completed within 30 days of start date by either examination or reciprocity.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties Certification or other applicable certification Required or must be obtained and continuously maintained within 2 years of start date as applicable to the role; excludes PRN team members who may not be eligible to take certification exam
- Additional Skills Required: Other duties as outlined in Novant Health and facility specific policies and procedures. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed. Ability to work as part of a high performing, change ready and resilient team.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health