Clinical Nurse Manager
FT 40 HRS
7 days agoRequisition ID: 1589
The Clinical Nurse Manager provides direction and supervision of clinical support staff in the Family and Internal Medicine Practice Dept. at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center, in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and in accordance with Harbor policies and procedures.
Harbor Health is seeking a Dynamic Nursing Leader to join an outstanding community healthcare team at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center. Harbor Health operates five community health centers in Boston, the South Shore and Cape Cod and continues to be a community health center leader, responding to the COVID - 19 pandemic through the launching of multiple vaccination sites. Come join our dedicated, community focused healthcare team!
- Coordinates the day-to-day flow of patient care within the clinic.
- In collaboration with Practice Director and the Site Medical Director, recommends, implements, and problem solves activities regarding department operational issues.
- Supervises, develops, and directs Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants and related support staff.
- Hires, Orients, evaluates, and disciplines subordinate staff.
- Schedules all clinical and support staff.
- Assists with support of clinical session including triage, immunization and case management as needed.
- Develops and implements systems for stocking, reordering, storage and maintenance of department supplies, medications and equipment, per HHSI policy.
- Assists in review and development of patient education materials.
- Assists in the development and revision of department policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of department quality improvement and infection control activities.
- Assist in development of departmental clinical outcome and health plan goals and objectives.
- Assists in development of departmental visit and personnel budget. Manages personnel budget including payroll variance report.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with outside organizations (i.e. ABCD, Avon, etc.), which support departmental initiatives.
- Monitors grant expenditures as appropriate.
- Facilitates strategic plan goals as appropriate.
- Develops, implements and monitors infection control program in compliance with DPH, JCAHO and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements department QI plan that meets DPH, JCAHO and other regulatory agency requirements.
Required and/or Preferred Education/Experience/Skills:
- Graduation from Accredited School of Nursing, RN required, BSN/MSN preferred
- 3 years of experience in clinical nursing required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills (Electronic Medical Record, MS Office, Windows)
- Ambulatory nursing experience preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records required, EPIC preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple requests and prioritize appropriately
- Attention to detail and prompt follow up skills highly desired
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.