Clinical Nurse Manager
FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1558
The Clinical Nurse Manager provides direction and supervision of clinical support staff in the Family Practice Dept. at the Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth, in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and in accordance with Harbor policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the day-to-day flow of patient care within the clinic.
- In collaboration with Practice Director and the Site Medical Director, recommends, implements, and problem solves activities regarding department operational issues.
- Supervises, develops, and directs Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants and related support staff.
- Hires, Orients, evaluates, and disciplines subordinate staff.
- Schedules all clinical and support staff.
- Assists with support of clinical session including triage, immunization and case management as needed.
- Develops and implements systems for stocking, reordering, storage and maintenance of department supplies, medications and equipment, per HHSI policy.
- Assists in review and development of patient education materials.
- Assists in the development and revision of department policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of department quality improvement and infection control activities.
- Assist in development of departmental clinical outcome and health plan goals and objectives.
- Assists in development of departmental visit and personnel budget. Manages personnel budget including payroll variance report.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with outside organizations (i.e. ABCD, Avon, etc.), which support departmental initiatives.
- Monitors grant expenditures as appropriate.
- Facilitates strategic plan goals as appropriate.
- Develops, implements and monitors infection control program in compliance with DPH, JCAHO and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements department QI plan that meets DPH, JCAHO and other regulatory agency requirements.
Required and/or Preferred Education/Experience/Skills:
- Graduation from Accredited School of Nursing, RN required, BSN/MSN preferred
- 3 years of experience in clinical nursing required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills (Electronic Medical Record, MS Office, Windows)
- Ambulatory nursing experience preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records required, EPIC preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple requests and prioritize appropriately
- Attention to detail and prompt follow up
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.