Clinical Nurse Educator (RN) – Women and Children
Job ID: 90624
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, primarily
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Nurse Educator (RN) – Women and Children
Part Time, Day Shift, primarily (0.5 ftes)
We are actively seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator (RN) – Women and Children to join our extraordinary nursing leadership team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
Where the health of the Eastern Shore comes first.
On the Eastern Shore, we are committed to our way of life…and the people who share it. At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, we know what it takes to keep our communities healthy. We’ve been caring for families on the Shore for over 100 years, so we know a thing or two about the unique health needs of our communities.
As a part of our team, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and their families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and specialty options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland – home to legendary seafood, beautiful beaches and a world of possibilities.
Plans, implements and evaluates educational programs for specified area(s); in collaboration with Nurse Manager and utilizing information from strategic priorities assesses. Utilizes the Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development to develop educational offerings. Serves as a resource and coordinator of education for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Creates a supportive environment to promote a strong learning culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR THE JOB:
- Responsible for meeting the learning needs of staff within assigned areas including emergent, short term, intermittent, and long range based on changes within the organization.
- In collaboration with manager(s), assesses learning needs of staff within units/departments assigned and makes recommendations for educational programs, utilizing a variety of teaching strategies and audiovisuals.
- Designs and revises educational activities to facilitate behavior change.
- Integrates cultural competence into learning activities.
- Facilitates the application of appropriate theories of nursing and other sciences including the dissemination of current information and theories necessary to improve quality patient care.
- Works in collaboration with the Professional Nursing Practice Department to complete and submit the ANA continuing education contact hour packet for educational programs offered at Shore Health System.
- Works in conjunction with unit preceptors and unit manager to develop a competency based orientation individualized to new hires assigned to unit(s)/department(s).
- Maintains a flexible schedule to meet learning needs of staff on all shifts.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and outcomes of educational endeavors.
- Provides assistance to learners in identification of learning needs including cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains.
- Facilitates the adult learning process, creating a climate conducive to learning and a good relationship with learners, promoting a strong learning culture.
- Monitors safety practices and recognizes trends in conjunction with manager to promote patient safety.
- Serves as coach or mentor for less experienced staff/colleagues.
- Facilitates initiation, adoption, and adjustment to change initiatives.
- Works with leadership team to keep staff updated on changes in regulatory requirements.
- Serves on key committees to identify educational needs of nursing staff. Chairs unit-based Education Council and is standing member on Education Council.
- Networks within and outside of the Department of Nursing, collaborating within and across interdisciplinary teams.
- Coaches and provides feedback to improve staff performance.
- Applies clinical process and education of patients and families including assessing needs of patient, formulating an educational plan, implementing plan and revisions as needed.
- Proficiently utilizes a variety of educational approaches including but not limited to: one-on-one instruction, group classes, train-the –trainer, and audio visual presentations.
- Educate staff to be unit trainers for new equipment, policies and procedures and provide framework for training/education.
- Enlists staff experts to help deliver education.
- Serves as a resource to other departments as necessary as the clinical expert.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and provide feedback to individuals.
- Facilitates evidence-based practice and utilization of nursing research to improve and advance nursing practice. Promotes a culture of inquiry.
- Educates nurses on the research process and its impact on healthcare.
- Incorporates research and EBP findings into educational activities.
- Supports Organization and Nursing Strategic Plan. Encourages and supports staff to advance professionally through membership in professional organizations, national certifications, etc. and to continue with life-long learning through educational programs, degree programs, etc.
- Maintains required documentation and record keeping system.
- Evaluates overall educational program effectiveness.
- Provides input into the annual budget.
- Develops educational and professional practice goals and objectives annually and reports on progress.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Commitments.
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red (in the immediate area), Code Pink (when called), Code D (when called), Code Green (if instructed), and Code Blue (if instructed).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters.
- To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- Competitive pay with a recent market adjustment for our nurses.
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center.
- Advancement through our Professional Advancement Model (PAM) designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their contributions to advancing the practice and profession of nursing.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, life insurance and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
*Relocation assistance may be provided
*restrictions may apply
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Meets licensing requirements to practice registered nursing in the State of Maryland.
- 5 years clinical nursing experience
- 2 years experience in specialization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Meets all applicable federal, state, and local professional requirements.
- Certification in Basic Life Support.
The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the necessary care as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW