Clinical Manager CMMG-Clinical Centralized Services
The position of the Clinical Manager is responsible for supervising and overseeing all operational aspects of the centralized clinical service division. This will include centralized nurse triage, new patient intake, and a centralized prescription refill center. Collaborates as needed with other health care disciplines to meet the needs of the patient and/or family. Works with clinic management staff to enhance data systems, maximize customer service, standardize processes and increase the efficiency of operations across the medical group. The manager practices in accordance with CMH’S Clinical Policies and Procedures, HIPAA, and operates within the Maine Nurse Practice Act. Maintains performance improvement (PI) activities within the department and participates in PI activities. The Clinical Manager is responsible for coordinating the clinical work flow in order to provide the most efficient, effective, safe and comprehensive patient care.
- Serves as the champion of the patient experience
- Engage patients utilizing exceptional customer service practices in alignment with the Five Must Haves;
- Greet people with a smile, friendly eye contact and say hello
- Take people where they are going, rather than point or give directions
- Use key words at key times. “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- Foster an attitude of gratitude.
- Round with reason and purpose
- Oversees and manage staff in all assigned locations.
- Oversees and manages scheduling of staff, which includes reviewing schedules on a routine basis to resolve workflow and staffing problems in advance and to analyze performance to assess benchmarks.
- Oversees and monitors the regulatory status and requirements for all assigned practices. To include, special projects, and other work as necessary.
- Promotes team building, trust and respect among clinical staff and practice, as well as accountability through timeliness and professionalism.
- Mentors, coaches and develops employees in job related skills including but not limited to orienting, educating, managing performance through regular feedback or managing improvement plans, reviewing competency based checklists, conducting evaluations, effectively managing conflict and ensures the tools and resources are available to meet goals and be successful in their role.
- Oversight of directives, on the practice level, to improve both patient care and financial stewardship in the ambulatory setting.
- Work in conjunction with other clinical leaders to develop standard work and implement best practices across the Organization service line.
- Provides for professional growth and development of patient care staff through identification of needs, sponsoring training programs, encouraging formal and continuing education efforts and evaluation of same.
- Works in conjunction with the provider team, clinical team, and ACO to monitor status of, and improve workflows for both post-hospitalization follow-up and complex case management.
- . Provides coverage for any clinical assignment within his/her scope, as necessary to maintain practice operations on an as-needed basis.
- Oversees care coordination which includes transition of care,
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic planning and development of short and long term goals for the practice.
- Reliably attends assigned meetings, including but not limited to staff meetings.
- Ensures that all changes to operations are communicated to providers and clinical staff and that the practice leadership are regularly informed of progress or problems in the practice.
- Work in conjunction with clerical practice leadership to address patient complaints and risk events.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and helps to review and revise annually.
- Interviews and recommends hiring or termination of clinical personnel in cooperation with practice leadership and Human Resource Department.
- Partners with the practice leadership on all key issues affecting any/all of the practices (i.e., recruitment, budgets, staffing models, clinical processes, quality and PI goals, etc.)
- Maintain Clinical “Superuser” status to provide training oversight and collaborate with Clinical Informatics to ensure continuing growth and development of systems, with the goal of optimizing systems to ensure ease of use and patient safety.
- Takes appropriate action to recover from a service difficulty, ensuring that the necessary action is taken to affect a resolution to the customer’s problem.
- Conducts all work activities with respect for coworkers, including the maintenance of a pleasant and professional environment, fostering calmness during stressful situations.
- Interacts with supervisory personnel in a professional, supportive and courteous manner, venting emotions appropriate to time and place.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by consistent attendance and punctuality, scheduling absences according to departmental requirements, and incurring unplanned absences only when unavoidable circumstances exist.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Completes in services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in services, as scheduled.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Performs job duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Current State of Maine Registered Nurse license, BSN Preferred
- 5 years of relevant Nursing experience required
- Current certification in BLS required
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practices and standards, medical procedures, tests, and clinical/clerical skills necessary to perform all functions
- Supervisory/managerial experience required
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience working both independently and in team based environments
- Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to team members and patients
- Proficient in EMR applications and other basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Experience and proficiency in QI process and implementation preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure with precision and accuracy and to handle multiple projects simultaneously