Clinical Exercise Physiologist II
Job ID: 92440
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 6:30am-7:00pm
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Exercise Physiologist II
Full-Time – Day
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates exercise programs following the standard of the American College of Sports Medicine and American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab and administers medical tests, under supervision, to program participants by applying methods and modalities in an organized and systematic manner according to hospital/department policies.
- Assist in the leading the activities of the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Program.
- Assist the cardiopulmonary leadership team in development and quality assurance of new cardiovascular services and education events.
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related field (required)
- Minimum 2-3 years in a Cardiopulmonary rehab setting
- ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Required)
- Experience with multi-disease populations (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- AACVPR Certified Cardiac Rehab Professional (Preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, my name is Paul Palumbo and I'm a respiratory therapist here at St. Joseph's Medical Center. Give you a brief over our department. It's a great department to work for with a fantastic team who always looks out for each other. We get to see a lot of the hospital working in the ICUs, Intermediate Care step-down units, PACU, Emergency Department. I think a great candidate for our department would be somebody who's a team player. We really do treat each other like family. Also somebody who likes to share their knowledge of respiratory therapy and care for their patients at the highest level. What's exciting about our department is that we get to see a lot of the hospital. and we also have a lot of room for advancement. Personally in a year or so that I've been here, I've been able to move into a Charge Therapist role, also an Oriented Therapist role, and be able to experience special procedures like EBUS bronchoscopies and all kinds of other neat things.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW