Women's & Children's Services
High Point Medical Center
Full time, salaried
Responsible for ensuring that every nurse on the unit has been educated to assess and identify patient care needs for assigned patients. Education is provided based on unit/patient needs and includes skill based competency, equipment use expertise, and/or clinical assessment competency. Collaborates with all health care providers (e.g. clinical nurse specialists, unit/assistant unit managers, associate directors of nursing, directors of nursing, etc.) to enhance staff education and competency in the management of cost effective/clinically effective complex patient and family care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with three years' experience in area of interest required.
- Clinical expert.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in State of North Carolina required.
- National certification in specialty required within one year of hire.
1. Teaches and demonstrates proficiency in patient physical assessment skills, patient care and nursing skills (i.e. mobility, respiratory care, nutrition, pain management, oral care, preventing infection, lift equipment, vital sign monitoring equipment).
2. Reinforces policies and procedures, protocols and guidelines with nursing staff.
3. Coordinates nursing centered rounds and bedside reporting in conjunction with the Nurse Manager/Case Manager with an ability to phase in multidisciplinary rounds?
4. Provides service line specific unit educational programs in collaboration with preceptors and Nursing Practice Development Specialist (NPDS) in class settings, informal on-site settings. Monitors compliance and attendance rosters.
5. Ensures the quality of professional services by demonstrating and maintaining competency through updating knowledge and skills and continuing professional growth.
6. Communicates in an effective, positive, and professional manner role modeling behaviors associated with Wake Forest Baptist Health Behavioral expectations.
7. Collaborates with nurse manager, assistant nurse manager, preceptors and NPDS to design, implement, and evaluate the nursing unit?s orientation and annual needs assessment education plan.
8. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility including assisting in teaching interpretation of and developing strategies to address nurse sensitive indicators and performance improvement.
9. Supports provision of age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Skills and Qualifications:
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
Ability to work collaboratively and maintain confidentiality
Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Ability to critically think, exercise judgment and discretion for problem solving and decision-making.
Ability to prioritize work independently and meet deadlines
Positive negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge of policies and procedures
Ability to synthesize and prioritize knowledge
Ability to tailor teaching to different learning styles
Understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.