Promotes the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective health care through the provision of expert clinical education. Collaborates with the leadership team in the planning and implementation of organizational and departmental goals. The Clinical Educator serves as a change agent, facilitator, consultant and researcher, supports the development of bedside nurses in Preop, PACU, IR, & Cardiac Cath areas and fosters empowerment through knowledge and skills to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice.
Clinical Educator required higher education level and to possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in addition to their training:
- Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Master's Degree in Nursing Education preferred.
- Three (3) years related clinical experience in area of specialty.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing staff development or nursing leadership with knowledge of nursing staff development theory or principles of adult education required.
- Outside applicants seeking a Clinical Educator position must be able to demonstrate that they have met the required criteria at previous employment.
- Specialty Certification and Professional Organization Membership are required for the position.
- American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS
- Professional Organization Membership required.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Adherence to credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- CPAN, CAPA, CCRN or CRN certification preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary