Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Director of Education. Functions independently and collaboratively. Provides professional development expertise as a learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, and champion of scientific inquiry coordinating education and professional development processes consistent with the goals and priorities of the health system. This position includes assessing education needs and planning, implementing and evaluating orientation and continuing education programs focusing on the competencies needed to deliver quality care in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Facilitates integration of new learning into all areas including clinical, educational and administrative practice. Accepts administrative responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Education.
1) Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
2) Relevant Master's Degree preferred
1) Five years relevant clinical experience. A master’s degree in relevant discipline may be substituted for two years of required experience.
2) Recent educational experience preferred.
3) Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Experience with database software is preferred.
4) Experience with project management is preferred.
5) Experience with audiovisual equipment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effective performance requires strong interpersonal , organizational, project management, and problem solving skills; strong oral and written communication; excellent presentation skills; strong commitment to confidentiality of reports/records; tact and diplomacy; and being self-motivated, reliable, and able to function independently within a team.
2) Preference may be given to individuals with simulation experience.
3) Preference may be given to individuals with online course development and learning management system experience.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s (AHA) standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Meets AHA standards for BLS instructor; if not currently certified must obtain certification within six months of hire/transfer.
4) Preference may be given to individuals with instructor qualifications in AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS, or NRP.
5) Relevant certification preferred.