Clinical Education Coordinator (RN) – Psych / Behavioral Health
Job ID: 81229
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: m-s
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Clinical Education Coordinator (RN) – Psych / Behavioral Health
Full Time, Rotating Shift
Actively seeking candidates for a Clinical Education Coordinator (RN) – Psych / Behavioral Health position with University of Maryland Medical System, Downtown campus.
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
At the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), a designated Magnet facility, we are a team. Nurses and doctors, specialists and therapists, work shoulder-to-shoulder to give our patients the care they deserve. We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the practice of patient care.
Under general supervision provides leadership, expertise and services within the Department of Nursing in the areas of clinical education, program management and professional development. Develops and manages a broad variety of educational services that facilitate the delivery of high quality care and contribute to the professional development of staff. Enhances the professional image of the Department of Nursing by marketing high quality educational offerings internally and externally, collaborating with professional peers in the community, and actively participating in community outreach programs.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Performs a situational analysis and develops a strategic plan for clinical education for the Department of Nursing that is fully integrated with the concepts and values of service quality and unit based professional practice.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive program of clinical education for the Department of Nursing.
- Assesses educational and professional development needs within the Department of Nursing based on scope of practice, development level of staff, and identified career goals of staff.
- In collaboration with clinical and management staff, designs, implements and evaluates programs to meet identified needs, assure clinical competency of staff and support the delivery of high quality clinical services.
- Identifies strategies to assure staff competence with respect to new technology or practice innovations, and to facilitate changes in practice or technology to improve outcomes.
- Serves as counselor and resource to management and clinical staff for the design, development and implementation of educational programs.
- Selects clinical instructors, defines and clarifies roles and responsibilities of instructors, assists with content and AV materials development, and evaluates course effectiveness and instructor performance.
- Identifies unique and creative ways to assure accessibility and availability of clinical educational programs to staff on all shifts and in all areas. Identify ways to provide learning experiences, assess performance and document competency that are cost effective and feasible for implementation in the clinical setting.
- Designs and maintains evaluation strategies to monitor program effectiveness, assess customer needs and perceptions, and determine long term impact of educational interventions.
- Provides consultative services and expertise to support the design and implementation of effective unit-based educational programs that support the unique practice specialty and environment of individual units and facilitate staff involvement in education and development activities.
- Designs programs and systems which make effective and efficient use of resources, and which have the potential to generate revenue. Manages and monitors the education budget in accordance with established parameters.
- Serves as key contact and communication link between UMMS, UMCC, and/or STC and affiliated schools to advance collaborative projects, create innovative approaches to teaching and learning in the clinical setting, and develop joint projects and proposals.
- Identifies appropriate indicators to monitor the effectiveness of clinical education activities. Develops and manages data collection, tracking and reporting systems, including office automation systems, to monitor progress, assess response and provide management reports. Designs and maintains evaluation and survey procedures to monitor effectiveness of educational activities, and recommends or initiates changes as appropriate.
- Chairs or serves on committees related to areas of expertise and responsibility.
Registered Nurses at UMMC experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field is required. Course work in education is preferred.
- Individuals matriculating in an accredited masters in nursing or healthcare field program will be considered. If the individual is matriculating through a master’s program, it is expected that the employee will graduate from the program no later than 5 years from the hire date. If the degree is not completed, the employee with be moved to a position in which they meet the education requirements.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- Five years clinical experience in nursing, which includes recent experience in an acute care setting is required.
- One year in a role performing staff education is required. I
- Behavioral Health / Psych experience is strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on