State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Clinical Dietitian I - Ambulatory
This is a full time 40 hour position, Mon-Fri with 2 evenings until 7pm and rotating Saturdays 9a-1pm.
This position is Grant Funded.
Job Location: Dorchester, MA
Req ID: 40823BR
Job Summary: Provides optimal nutritional care to outpatients through assessing nutritional needs and develops nutritional care plans using the nutrition care process.
- Provides nutrition counseling to individuals by reviewing past medical history, obtaining diet history, completing nutritional assessment and determining appropriate intervention and recommendations with the patient. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the principles of growth and development from adolescent, adult and through the geriatric stages of the life span.
- Uses patient education materials as approved by the department for individuals and groups. May develop new patient education materials as needed.
- Maintains records of nutritional care and documents notes on all patient visits in web OMR for initial and follow up notes according to department and hospital policies.
- May serve as preceptor for dietetic interns during their medical nutrition therapy rotations and performs intern evaluations in a timely manner. May also serve as preceptor to other students or health care members. Maintains open communication with nutrition staff, referring physicians and the public.
- Complies with all BIDMC patient scheduling requirements such as entering patient appointments in CCC, obtaining referrals for nutrition visits from physicians, collecting copays, entering visit ticket entry and using appropriate ICD codes for billing and reimbursement.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition required.
- License Lic. Dietitian/Nutritionist required., and Registration Registered Dietitian required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Must obtain Registered Dietitian (RD) certification within 6 months of hire and then obtain Massachusetts Dietitian/Nutritionist license (LDN) within 3 months of RD certification.
- Knowledge of nutrient analysis.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Recent medical nutrition therapy experience with adults.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply