JOB SUMMARY: Registered Nurse who provides clinical leadership, coordination, and administrative support for a defined clinic location or locations. Responsibilities include accountability for the quality of patient centered care, service excellence, and workplace experience. Facilitates a biogenic environment by fostering relationships that support the continuous enhancement of care delivery, staff and patient satisfaction through a professional practice environment of mutual respect.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's degree required. Two years acute care nursing experience within the past 10 years preferred. Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing with the North Carolina Board of Nursing and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) may be required within one year in select clinical areas
1. Ensures care delivered is with respect for patient rights and culturally competent. Facilitates Patient Centered Care, promotes service recovery and the nursing professional model. Maintains privacy, confidentiality and security for patients and staff.
2. Serves as a staff and patient advocate to ensure optimal patient care. Interfaces with patient and families to ensure that care is consistent with expectations.
3. Promotes quality improvement and systems-thinking by openly supporting and consistently communicating the mission of the clinic and organization.
4. Collaborates with management team on the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures designed to improve quality of care and operational efficiency.
5. Promotes a culture of safety by ensuring compliance with established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality control, safety, QC/PI, environment and infection control. Coordinates appropriate QC/PI activities with staff. Audits and maintains clinic metrics for unit and organizational goals.
6. Collaborates with the Clinic manager to plan, schedule, and organize work for group ensuring proper distribution and delegation of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities. Monitors the appropriate utilization of staff based on credentialing, education and experience with consideration to the patient population. Assesses/coaches and monitors staff level of practice.
7. Maintains unit inventory and supplies.
8. Collaborates with Clinic Manager on personnel activities including hiring and performance management.
9. Collaborates with Clinic Manager on management reports and budgetary recommendations.
10. Performs and maintains competency for point of care testing as assigned, ensuring compliance with WFBH Point of Care policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to organize and supervise clinical nursing care delivery
Negotiation and conflict resolution
Professional Nursing Practice Theory
Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
Ability to work effectively with the team
Typical clinic setting
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Moderate noise environment
Possible exposure to infectious and contagious diseases
Possible exposure to radiation hazards
Subject to highly stressful situations
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.