Clinic Assistant (Floater) – OB/GYN
US – Los Angeles, CA
M-F; hours may vary
$24.72 – $35.41 Hourly
September 14, 2020
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of OB/GYN procedures and terminology,
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of third party insurances, government programs and other insurance agencies for purposes of assigning financial class codes and obtaining any necessary authorizations.
- Ability to research medical diagnosis and procedure codes in CPT Code book and ICD-9_CM code book.
- Demonstrated computer skills including word-processing, use of spreadsheets and data entry.
- Ability to understand and correctly use technical terminology, correctly identify and extract data from hospital records, enter data on flow sheets or in computer and maintain study records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical, nursing and administrative personnel, both verbally and via written reports and memos.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Superior typing skills to prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to department clinics, as assigned.
- Knowledge of UCLA School of Medicine and hospital nursing processes.
- Knowledge of University’s Electronic Medical Record System.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree
Share this job