Job ID: 85622
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: S-S. 0730 – 2000
Job Facility: University of Maryland Capital Region
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Provides clerical support to assigned nursing unit such as assembling and maintaining patients’ charts, scheduling diagnostic procedures, completing admission and transfer/discharge forms, greeting and directing visitors, answering telephone, relaying calls and messages, and providing approved, routine information.
1. Transcribes physician orders to all appropriate forms and records accurately.
2. Assists members of the multidisciplinary care team with SMS system when necessary.
3. Schedules diagnostic tests as required by physician orders.
4. Maintains the medical record during inpatient stays; assures the application of diagnostic reports; supplies documentation materials; removes inactive portions and prepares closed charts for the Medical Records Department; flags required verbal orders.
5. Orders appropriate supplies and equipment required to carry out orders.
6. Prepares medical records for departmental/outside facility diagnostic tests/transfers and discharges.
7. Orders, stocks and maintains department clerical and medical supplies within confines of the unit budget.
8. Processes routine and special order requests for supplies and unit equipment.
9. Understands role and can function effectively in emergency situations as directed.
10. Has knowledge of company practices and is capable of assisting with time and attendance process.
11. Alerts appropriate personnel of equipment alarms (demonstrates ability to troubleshoot equipment problems.
12. Maintains a clean and orderly nursing station.
13. Performs other duties as assigned, including inventories quality control checks of unit equipment routine maintenance of electronic equipment (fax, computer)
What You Need to Be Successful:
1-3 years experience in secretarial/clerical work experience in a healthcare environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW