Clerical Lab Assistant
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Performs a wide variety of clerical support duties throughout the laboratory to provide assistance in the pathology office, with the lab information system (LIS) data entry, and in the laboratory departments. In addition, the Clerical Lab Assistant is responsible for the receipt of specimens to the laboratory departments, adding specimens to automated equipment, answering the tube system, labeling of specimens, and delivering to departments.
1) High School graduate or equivalent.
2) Clerical training preferred.
1) Six months’ clerical experience, preferably in a medical environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
2) Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
3) Knowledge of medical laboratory terminology is desirable.
4) Must have a pleasant and cooperative personality for dealing with the public.
5) Ability to follow instructions meticulously.
6) Must be able to concentrate on the duties involved with specimen handling and realize the significance of any error in patient or specimen identification.
Receives general supervision from the Manager & Supervisors of the Lab.