You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Child Life, Child Development, Family Studies or closely related field is required;
- Completion of a formal internship in Child Life is required;
- Child Life Specialist Certification in required within 18-months of hire;
- Experience working with typically developing children is required.
- Experience working with hospitalized children is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and rapport building skills are required.
- Must have knowledge to operate and maintain equipment for patient distraction and entertainment (eg: gaming systems, tablets, iPads)
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered