- Reading Hospital
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Brandywine Hospital
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Jennersville Hospital
- Phoenixville Hospital
- Pottstown Hospital
- Tower Health Medical Group
- Tower Health Urgent Care
- Tower Health at Home
- Req. Number: 2020-31825
- Posted Date: 11/11/2020
- Shift: Day
- Address: 140 NUTT RD
- City, State: Phoenixville, PA
- Department: THMG Lab Pathology Physicians
With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Tower Health Medical Group is seeking a Medical Director of Pathology to join the Department at Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville Pennsylvania. Candidates should possess an MD/D.O. degree, be board certified in both anatomic and clinical pathology and have 3 years’ experience in a hospital setting. Preference will be given to candidates who have fellowship training and ABP sub-specialty certification. Expertise and additional training in breast pathology are also desirable
Chief of PATHOLOGY
- l) Participate in the educational programs conducted by Hospital and its Medical Staff in order to assure Hospital's overall compliance with accreditation and licensing requirements and perform such other reasonable teaching functions as Hospital may request.
2) Direct non-physician personnel in the performance of Services,
3) Advise Hospital with respect to the selection of all Hospital personnel who may be required for the proper provision of Services under this Agreement; provided, however, that Hospital shall retain the ultimate decision-making authority regarding the selection of all such Hospital personnel,
4) Establish schedules for all Services provided by contractors in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
5) Supervise the development and implementation of Hospital quality assurance and quality improvement programs and procedures,
6) Assist Hospital in the preparation and conduct of surveys by The Joint Commission and/or any other regulatory and accrediting national, state or local agency's requirements and standards.
7) Perform any other duties that Hospital, Its Medical Staff and/or CEO may request reasonably pertaining to the provision of Pathology services.
8) The Medical Director will make, or cause to be made, examination on all tissue samples removed in surgery or any other place in the Hospital for which such examination is requested or directed. The Medical Director will perform, or cause to be performed, fine needle aspirations and similar procedures. Upon request by the Hospital's Chief of Staff, the Medical Director shall serve on the Hospital Committee responsible for tissue/surgical case review and shall serve on the Hospital Committee responsible for blood utilization review.
9) The Medical Director, in consultation with the CEO or his designee. shall cause to be performed all autopsies on deceased Patients in the Hospital when requested to do so by any member of the Medical Staff, but only when proper authorization for said autopsy has been first obtained.
10) Specific Duties, Medical Director shall perform or delegate in writing, those duties defined by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988 and all amendments thereto ("CLIA") that shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of clinical services and organizational plans 10 carry out clinical activities within the laboratory.
- Advise the Hospital CEO on medical and administrative problems and on questions of policy and public relations as they relate to medical practice within the Hospital laboratory
- Participate as reasonably acquired in the in-service training for Hospital's employees.
- Assure the maintenance of accurate, complete, and timely Patient and other records regarding the laboratory in order to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care and provide the information required for Hospital to obtain payment for Its services.
- Observe clinical staff and make recommendations as to hiring and transfer of professional and supervisory personnel.
- Assist' Hospital in obtaining and maintaining any and all licenses, permits and other authorizations, plus achieving accreditation standards, which are dependent upon, or applicable to, in whole or in part, Medical Directors services under this Agreement.
- Be available to assist with any announced or unannounced surveys of federal, state, or local regulatory visits or investigations pertinent to the operation of the laboratory, h) Participate in staff conferences pertaining to administrative and medical problems,
- Act as consultant in selected medical cases and advise clinical staff on a variety of clinical problems.
- Respond to clinical complaints of Patients regarding patient care,
- Be a member of the Hospital's Active Medical Staff.
- Work with the Hospital Medical Staff and with all those concerned with the rendering of service to the end that the best possible care may be delivered to all patients.
- Assist in providing reports to the Board of Trustees through the Medical Staff committee structures,
- Participate in the educational programs conducted by the Hospital and the Medical Staff necessary to , ensure overall compliance with accrediting requirements and perform such other reasonable teaching functions that Hospital may request.
- Cooperate with Hospital administration and committees of the Medical Staffing promoting improved standards of medical care including review of medical charts, and serve on Medical Staff committees upon request*
- Advise Hospital with respect to the selection of additional and replacement equipment and notify Hospital of the need to perform maintenance or repairs on equipment.
- Assist in establishing schedule for all Patient Services provided by the laboratory so that the safety and needs of Patients and their attending physicians take precedence over other concerns.
Our Pathology Department consists of 2 Pathologists who have certifications and expertise in multiple disciplines. The department primarily supports Phoenixville Hospital, which has a robust Surgical Volume. In summary the practice is busy and has a wealth of interesting and challenging cases.
We offer competitive salary plus incentive bonus, comprehensive benefits, including health dental, vision, life and disability insurance, medical liability insurance, paid time off, CME time and allowance, relocation assistance, retirement plan with employer match. Educational opportunities and leadership development are also available.
The successful applicant will be board certified or eligible in both AP and CP, and ideally will have developed interests in breast pathology.The new colleague must also be comfortable with all aspects of professional communication, as the department supports a large number of multidisciplinary conferences.
Qualified candidates should apply online and forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae electronically to Brittany Kulp. Brittany.Kulp@towerhealth.org