Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) – Luminis Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 29, 2020
Chief Human Resources Officer – Luminis Health
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) provides human capital management and workforce development oversight and planning for the healthcare enterprise and acts as a strategic business partner to Luminis Health executive leadership, providing insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term initiatives and organizational culture. The CHRO provides both operational and programmatic support to the system and assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to culture, workforce performance, wellbeing, leader and staff development, compensation & benefits, succession planning and workforce planning. Guided by Luminis Health’s Vision 2030, the CHRO will play a crucial role in developing the workforce of tomorrow, system integration, performance management, and ensuring Luminis Health is a great place to work for all.
The CHRO will establish relationships throughout Luminis Health to promote strong collaboration, alignment, and leadership across the organization. He/she ensures the Board of Trustees has all the workforce information required to provide fiduciary oversight. The CHRO is the chief human resources spokesperson for the organization and has full accountability for HR operations. He/she will drive business initiatives and lead the human resources function to achieve outstanding customer service and provide proactive support to the operations team at Luminis Health in the attainment of their clinical and business objectives. The CHRO will ensure that an outstanding HR team is in place, providing exceptional customer service and value to the various stakeholders, operating companies and corporate shared services of Luminis Health.
Luminis Health seeks a CHRO that will deliver the following:
- Oversee the final phase of the implementation of uniform pay and benefits across Luminis Health.
- Develop a human capital plan to guide the HR function
- Utilize Vision 2030 and the new mission, vision and shared values to build a positive culture to engage all employees in Luminis Health’s success
- Oversee the growth and development of the data analytics function to provide insight into the current workforce and guide future workplace planning
- Provide strategy and direction to the employee wellbeing efforts, ensuring the work aligns to business outcomes and enhances employee engagement; ex. Reducing employee turnover and increasing retention
- Provide leadership to the diversity and inclusion efforts and ensures the HEART work plan is implemented
Human Resources Operations
- Coordinates all activities of the Human Resources shared services division and the departments included within the division, and acts as the administrative representative for these areas.
- Strives for best-in-class performance (top quartile or decile) across all workforce, operational, and quality metrics.
- Leads the development of a system-wide human capital plan, oversees the process for workforce development and recommends changes to plans prior to submission to the Boards of Trustees.
- Develops, establishes, and maintains Luminis Health’s workforce, managerial reporting and control systems including policies, procedures and systems for HR operations and workforce functions.
- Oversees development and implementation of HR policies and reviews and coordinates the HR monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Ensures Luminis Health management has the required information regarding workforce activity, development and performance, etc., and also provides Luminis Health departmental management with regular reports to enable them to better manage their areas of responsibility.
- Serves as primary support to the Luminis Health Executive Development and Compensation Committee and prepares routine and special reports and analyses for their review.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with outside organizations, including but not limited to other healthcare organizations, school systems, colleges, public/private workforce development entities, and professional organizations.
- Represents Luminis Health on health care workforce issues at local-, state- and national-level forums.
- Guides, interprets, analyzes, and communicates HR matters to management and the Boards of Trustees to aid in the decision-making process.
- Establishes programs and processes and monitors policies to ensure compliance with all federal and state financial regulations.
- Keeps abreast of and confirms staff are aware of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted local, state and federal governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Provides adequate forecasting of human capital needs across the Luminis Health system and identifies needs and fills any workforce gaps.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Participates with Luminis Health leadership in the continuous evaluation of short- and long-term strategic human resource objectives of the health system.
- Administers an integrated workforce development plan (short- and long-term) compatible with system objectives.
Team, Change, Business Leadership (TCB)
The CHRO serves as an exemplar of Luminis Health leadership, as outlined in the TCB framework.
- Demonstrates and encourages collaboration and teamwork to achieve goals.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with people inside and outside the system.
- Role models self-wellbeing; supports organization efforts to encourage employee wellbeing.
- Seeks opportunities to be present and visible in the organization.
- Champions change through the system; anticipates the need for change and develops and supports strategies to obtain the desired outcomes.
- Has knowledge of the local, regional, and national healthcare environment and advises on the appropriate strategies for Luminis Health’s market.
- Demonstrates innovative and creative approaches to work.
- Establishes high expectations for continuous learning, performance improvement, and sustainable growth
- Demonstrates good business judgment and strategic insight.
- Operates with a high level of urgency.
- Effectively uses data and analytics to drive decision making.
- Advances Luminis Health’s business interests while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible human resources management experience required, with in depth knowledge of workforce regulations and requirements.
- Must have experience in developing and leading a diverse workforce.
- Must possess leadership traits with the ability to plan, direct, control and supervise all areas of direct responsibility. Must possess a strong desire to motivate staff to achieve results.
- Must be able to interpret and explain complex workforce issues to management and to the Boards of Trustees.
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management, both within and outside the areas of his/her responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years of senior level experience in same or comparable position in similar-sized organization.
- Proven ability to influence and generate consensus reaching across organizational boundaries to collaborate and achieve objectives.
- A charismatic executive presence and one who is known for being present, bold, and innovative.
- Senior level administrative expertise that has included strategic and operational planning, preparation of budgets, effective management of resources within a budget, and personnel organization and management.
- Exhibits an appreciation for the need for preparation, collaboration, planning, communication, and benchmarking of results in her/his approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource, Business, Medical/Health Administration or equivalent required.
- HR Certification preferred
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)