Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Logan Regional Medical Center in Logan, WV at Health Support Center
Date Posted: 4/28/2021
LifePoint Health was founded in 1999 on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong healthcare creates strong communities. We began with a network of 23 hospitals in non-urban markets across the nation united by a singular mission: Making Communities Healthier. We are a financially strong company with significant healthcare operations expertise. We recognize that every community has unique healthcare needs, and for more than 17 years, we have worked to ensure the highest standards of quality care and excellent service to patients at each of our locations by understanding and responding to these needs. LifePoint has a track record of investing in state-of-the-art technology, facility improvements, physician recruitment and staff development. We give each of the facilities and providers within our network the resources they need to deliver high quality care and services to their communities and succeed in today’s healthcare marketplace.
LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
LifePoint Health has an opening for a Chief Financial Officer at Logan Regional Medical Center in Logan, WV. Logan Regional Medical Center serves Logan and the surrounding area with a full range of inpatient and outpatient services at its 140-bed, Joint Commission-accredited acute care facility and physician practices.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- CPA or Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
LifePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
LifePoint Health and all of our facilities are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.