The role of Chaplain Resident exists to enhance the quality of life of patients and their loved ones through the provision of services which meet their unique spiritual, emotional social needs. In addition, Chaplain Resident's respond to spiritual and emotional support needs of Novant Health team members. The Chaplain Resident's position splits time, clinical assignments and educational didactics, seminars, and curriculum.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education:4 Year / Bachelors Degree or an equivalent degree or equivalent graduate degree required. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Experience:Minimum of one unit of ACPE accredited CPE; preferably in a healthcare setting preferred. Roles requiring communication across disciplines preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Connected with a faith community to potentially seek endorsement, commissioning, and/or ordination required.
- Additional skills required: Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed.
- Additional skills preferred: Experiences in group learning; experiences in providing care to persons of all faith traditions and/or differing belief systems; experiences of working within the healthcare setting.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health