Certified Tumor Registrar (Cancer Registrar), PRN
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: February 17, 2021
The cancer registrar provides abstraction and follow-up support to the Manager, responsible for collection, management and dissemination of analytic data on patients with reportable cancer diagnosis in pursuant to HIPAA regulations.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Abstract patient's demographic and clinical information from the medical record related to reportable cancer accurately and completely.
- Collects and compiles life-time follow-up data on all patients listed in the registry.
- Enters and updates abstracts maintaining the automated accession register, master patient file and follow-up files.
- Coordinates and provides staff support for weekly cancer conferences.
- Participates in ad hoc committee meetings, service lines and clinical pathways to promote early detection of disease.
- Collects reportable cancer data as outlined by CoC and MCR, abstracts codes and analyzes data for submission to MCR & NCDB.
- Provides ongoing support and communication with physicians and other staff regarding tumor board and breast conference agendas. Coordinates weekly tumor boards and weekly breast conferences. Provides staff support and selection of cases for all conferences.
- Manages and maintains life-time follow-up data on all patients in the registry. Collects and updates data for all deceased patients.
- Enters and updates abstracts within 2 hours or less, maintains the automated accession register, master patient files and follow-up files.
- Assists in the input of data and analysis for up to date case finding. Assists in coordinating required documentation for the quarterly cancer committee meetings. Assists in the collection of data for NAPBC , STS & QOPI as specified in their guidelines.
- Technical or specialized training in data collection, records management and analysis of cancer data, and Cancer Registry functions.
- Must know medical terminology, coding, human anatomy and physiology.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in data abstracting.
Mandatory Qualification: (CTR) Certified Tumor Registrar or CTR eligible.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)