Center City, Philadelphia, PA
We are currently recruiting full-time CRNAs primarily for our endoscopy suites on the Center City Campus. We have a high daily volume of cases and cover 9 endoscopy locations daily. Our cases range from outpatient bread-and-butter to challenging inpatient procedures. Our case-load will allow you to maintain skills due to acuity and types of procedures. We are currently recruiting for 4-10s (Monday through Friday) however, other shifts could become available as needed in the GI Suites. This position will primarily be NO CALL and NO HOLIDAYS. Any extra days worked are paid at an increased premium rate. Our recently increased salaries complement our exceptional benefits that provide an excellent lifestyle for our CRNAs. Experience is preferred for this position.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist is a registered professional nurse who, has successfully completed a program of nurse anesthesia approved by the Council on Accreditation Programs and has passed the certification examination administered by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetist or its predecessor. In collaboration with an attending anesthesiologist, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to the patients at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist functions are an expanded role with guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act, Departments of Anesthesiology and Nursing and in accordance with the Nurse practitioner clinical protocols.
- Participates in pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation.
- Provide intraoperative general anesthesia care in collaboration with attending Anesthesiologist
- Participate in the induction of general anesthesia and maintenance of anesthetics at required levels
- Implements, monitors and adjusts patient’s physiologic condition as appropriate for type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Transfers the responsibility for care of the patient to other qualified providers post-operatively to assure continuity of care and patient safety.
- Provide professional and resuscitative care until the patient has regained control of his/her vital functions
- Administer spinal, epidural, caudal and nerve block anesthesia
- Supports departmental and operating room procedures in the promotion of patient satisfaction and quality.
- Participates in additional areas of responsibility, which are within the expertise of the individual CRNA.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Arrives on time and is prepared before the start of the case. Prepares patient for anesthetic and interviews the patient preoperatively.
- Collects patient data and records in the medical record system accurately and efficiently.
- Communicates with the attending anesthesiologist to gather information and discuss the patients care.
- Communicates patient progress to the appropriate care team.
- Performs approved clinical procedures (refer to delineated privileges for the position).
- Performs other duties as directed/required.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives: promoting safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- Attends Thursday morning conferences and participate in departmental initiatives meeting goals and objectives.
- Insert and maintain invasive monitoring equipment – ensure equipment is working appropriately.
- Participation in call requirements and flexibility in rotations due to changes in department needs may be necessary.
- Commitment to excellence
- Management Support
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from accredited Institution
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
- Current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License (RN
- Current Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certificate (CRNA)
- Graduate of an accredited program in nursing anesthesia, or previous experience as a CRNA.
- Knowledge of Anesthesia related equipment
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.