Certified Professional Code I
Novant Health is seeking a Certified Professional Code I who ensures all technical aspects of the assignment of diagnostic and procedure coding is carried out in accordance with established standards and is in compliance with CMS, NCQA, third party payers and other regulatory agencies. Functions include, but are not limited to working charge review work queues for assigned non-surgical practices to ensure the completeness and accuracy of coding clinical diagnosis and procedures. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: No previous experience required with CPC-A, CPC, CCS-P certification, and successful completion of the AAPC Extern Program with Novant Health RCS required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPC-A, CPC, or CCS-P required.
- Additional Skills Required: Working knowledge of Current Procedure Technology (CPT), ICD-10 and HCPCS coding. Ability to effectively communicate and work with patients, physicians, staff and administration. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-audit of work and awareness of impact on revenue cycle is key. Working knowledge of Current Procedure Terminology (CPT), ICD-10 proficiency and HCPCS coding.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Demonstrated skill in ICD-10-CM and CPT coding classification systems, diagnosis and procedure selection, and sequencing guidelines. Work independently, utilize coding resources, and follow departmental guidelines for problem resolution. Effective verbal and written communication and strong customer service stills. Must be able to work overtime during times of unusually high volumes and of unusual need as workload demands.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health