Certified Nurse Midwife – OB Hospitalist
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: May 28, 2020
The nurse mid-wife hospitalist provides antepartum, intrapartum, family planning, and routine well woman healthcare, including the dissemination of educational material and training to pregnant women. This individual will work in tandem with the Physician/OB Hospitalist on all of our perinatal units and will include, but not be limited to, Emergency Room obstetrical admissions, consults, obstetrical triage and inpatient obstetrical care. This provider will also need to participate in programs and initiatives that improve the overall service provided by the OB/GYN Hospitalist Program. In addition, the CNM assuming this role will also, provide prenatal services at Women’s Collaborative Care in tandem with WCC physicians.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides obstetrical and gynecologic care within the inpatient and outpatient setting to include (but not limited to) history and physical exams, consultative services, daily rounding services, discharge planning, non-stress tests, labor checks, surgical assisting, delivery of newborns, initiation of inductions.
- Provides medical and surgical care that is of high quality as judged by medical peers.
- Actively facilitates on-time starts (inductions), reduced length of stays where clinically appropriate and practices value based care.
- Provide in-house coverage for emergent laboring patients as required for AAMC’s Level III NICU.
- Acts as first assistant on C-sections.
- Rounds on in-house OB patients.
- Provides care to any OB unregistered patients that enter through our Emergency Department. Provides medical care in triage until the private attending can assume responsibility of the patient.
- Arundel Medical Center to correctly bill third party payers and other consumers of health care at the hospital.
- Provides reliable, accurate, timely and complete medical record documentation.
- Participates in departmental meetings: OB hospitalist, Women’s and Children’s Service Line , Morbidity and Mortality, Women’s and Children’s Operational Committees, and Antepartum Rounds.
- The employee must fulfill requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- Current licensure to practice midwifery in the state of Maryland. Currently covered by medical malpractice.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)