Centralized Scheduler, Piedmont Atlanta Brain and Spine-Atlanta GA.
Job Number: 1050106
Piedmont Medical Care Corporation - Atlanta, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Scheduling, pre-registration and insurance verification of all centralized scheduling services/procedures. Maintaining overall knowledge of the Patient Registration system in order to answer patient inquiries about insurance billing/payment and self-pay liability.
1. Performs scheduling for clinical services as defined for hospital and outpatient center.
2. Operates and utilizes the Scheduler Program in the hospital computer system.
3. Provides physician offices with necessary instructions regarding scheduled procedure.
4. Provides patients as related with necessary information regarding scheduled appointment.
5. Works closely with Scheduling Coordinator to resolve any scheduling conflicts and with clinical service departments for changes or methods of scheduling.
6. Works a part of a team for the overall process for patient access, from the scheduling process until completion of procedure.
7. Provides other scheduling functions as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School graduate or equivalent.
Two (2) years previous healthcare or related customer service experience required. In lieu of experience, a bachelors degree can be substituted.
Healthcare experience in an outpatient setting or physicians office preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2020 Piedmont Healthcare