Center Director in Training
Location Orlando, Florida, United States of America Category Operations Job Id R0018497
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In training and close collaboration with DoC/EDoC, owns and operates an average center budget in excess of $20M.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to manage all routine center operations including responsibility for aspects of financial oversight; authority over production goals; monitoring net yields and implementing strategic initiatives. Strives to exceed daily, weekly and monthly objectives while maintaining operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to administer the center’s philosophy of continuous improvement. Duties include, collecting and analyzing data to maintain and improve center quality, efficiency and profitability. Implements effective corrective action plans when appropriate.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to determine center labor usage to meet business needs; ascertains how to effectively execute productivity, increase strategies and optimize clinical staff and procedural value.
- Participates in leadership training to manage a staff of care team support personnel. Actively involved in the full employment cycle of prospective direct reports, including but not limited to: participation in the recruitment process, annual performance appraisals, day-to-day oversight of staffing/scheduling needs, problem solving, exit interviews and termination/counseling decisions.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to create and implement center-related human resource and finance objectives. Assists with ensuring financial targets are met and adheres to cash management, financial reporting and other fiscal responsibilities. Aids with ensuring staffing levels are maintained to support the effective operation of the center.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to support policy formulation and execute budget by providing financial projections during budget development.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to collaborate with market leadership to develop effective improvement action plans to address areas of concern and deficiency.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to manage facilities, equipment, supplies, personnel and resources as they relate to cost containment. Helps regulate inventories at optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies at minimal cost.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state and local laws & regulations.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to handle environmental health and safety by ensuring fire and safety compliance.
- Closely partners with Marketing and Sales COEs to develop strategies to increase and retain membership.
- Follows all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures. Works with DoC/EDoC to ensure the center and all employees comply with OSHA regulations and training. Completes all OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Aids DoC/EDoC in promoting and driving customer service initiatives.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to establish and administer center administrative policies and initiate action to enhance patient care programs.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to forecast future staffing requirements. Helps to create, execute and support clinical staff recruitment and retention strategies.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to ensure efficient patient flow throughout the center. Assists with identifying deficient areas and implementing corrective action as needed.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to guide and support participation in patient care delivery.
- Assists with improving staff - patient interactions through patient satisfaction tools.
- Aids DoC/EDoC in assessing and resolving complaints received from staff, visitors, patients and physicians/clinicians.
- Works with DoC/EDoC to convey and communicate proper workplace behavior, identify issues and/or improvement opportunities and utilize appropriate resources to correct and resolve.
- Supports DoC/EDoC in maintaining a clean work environment, and ensuring center has sufficient operating supplies. Conducts routine internal procedure and documentation audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Situational Adaptability: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer-centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and insight
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of general Business Administration functions, processes, practices, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding regulatory standards, various local, state and federal laws that apply to the business and where to find information on standards and interpretations
- Astute awareness of the competitive healthcare environment
- Proficient in all staff tasks and duties at a level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Proven skills in budgeting and fiscal management
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail to handle multiple tasks, short deadlines, frequent interruptions and shifting priorities in support of changing company objectives
- Excellent critical thinking and reasoning, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze situations, determine risks and find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and/or nationwide up to 20% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This position requires the use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma with a minimum of 7 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry required, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- Associate degree with a minimum of 5 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry required, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- BA/BS degree in Business, Healthcare or Public Administration, Finance, Economics or a closely related discipline with a minimum of 4 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry required, preferable healthcare or hospitality required OR additional experience above the minimum may be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis
- MBA, MHA, MPA or a Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred
- FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES, the above plus:
- o A minimum of 1 full year of INTERNAL supervisory/managerial experience required
- o Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in working with ChenMed center level Income Statements, Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES, the above plus:
- o A minimum of 2 years progressive supervisory/managerial experience required
- o A minimum of 1 years Income Statement management experience required
The Center Director in Training (CDiT) will be guided and trained by the clinic’s Director, Center (DoC) or Executive Director, Center (EDoC) in management of the day-to-day administrative function and operation of a medical center. He/She is a key member of the operations leadership team and plays an active, hands-on role in all facets of the business, including its production, staffing, financing, quality compliance, policymaking and patient care. The incumbent in this role has primary responsibility for ensuring the needs of the center, as well as, its physicians, clinicians, care teams, patients and visitors are met.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director