PT BE 20-39 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1600
The Center Aide provides personal care services to geriatric participants of the Elder Service Plan (ESP) within the Center structure under the supervision of the Center Nurse Manager. The Center Aide provides personal care and assists with activities related to the participant’s physical and social needs. Posiiton is 36 hours weekly.
- Provides personal care assistance, assistance with activities and social needs of participants.
- Assists with mobility needs and meal set up and feeding as needed.
- Provides physical and emotional care for the participants.
- Escort participants to medical appointments.
- Assists in the daily operation of the clinic and provides a safe environment for the participant.
- Provides assistance with therapeutic recreational interventions when requested.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff in providing assessments of the participants and identifies any issues participants may be experiencing.
- Attends multidisciplinary team morning and Care Plan meetings.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Home Health Aide Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) required
- 1-2 years of experience working with the geriatric population in a home or Day Care setting preferred
- Dementia Training preferred
- Must be able to assist participants with transfers, personal needs, push up to 350 lbs., observe changes in physical condition, lift up to 20 lbs.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.