Cell Therapy Specialist, FACT Lab
Job ID: 83071
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8am-430pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Cell Therapy Specialist, FACT Lab
Full time, Day 8a-4:30p
We are looking for a laboratory leader to join our Cellular Therapy Team!
This is a technical position in the Fannie Angelos Cellular Therapeutics (FACT) cGMP Laboratory and the NCI designated Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). The FACT cGMP works closely with the UMMC Cell Therapy Laboratory to support UMMC investigator- and sponsor-initiated clinical research trials involving cell-based therapeutics. Under program supervision, this position operates the FACT facility to include: (1) maintenance and operation of the cleanroom environment, (2) development, validation and manufacturing of investigational products (IP), (3) formulation of IP for administration, (4) management of manufacturing- and trial-related documents, (5) review and implementation of standard operating procedures and those associated with new treatment protocols, and (6) material acquisition and inventory management. This position also assures manufacturing and formulation activities are performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices, as well as regulations stipulated by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, United States Food and Drug Administration, and other agencies.
We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the advancement of research and the practice of patient care.
- A competitive wage scale
- Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland
- An achievable professional advancement model
- A comprehensive compensation and relocation package
- A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, paid time off, retirement contribution, and more!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- ASCP certification
- CPR certification is required. Two (2) years’ experience performing Medical Technologist duties required, one (1) of which involved working with blood bank policies and procedures is highly desired.
- Proficient knowledge of good manufacturing practices, good tissue practices, clinical laboratory process, testing and analytical procedures, techniques and quality assurance. Experience in handling of cell-based products, cell culture, cryopreservation and aseptic processing technique in a cleanroom setting is required.
- Proficient use of computerized systems for managing equipment maintenance schedules and supply/product inventories.
- Ability to read, write, speak English and perform mathematical and statistical operations for recording and evaluating lab results, including, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to handle potentially infectious materials, such as, blood and body fluid specimens observing proper safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain aseptic laboratory procedure including proper cleanroom gowning protocol and maintenance of the cleanroom environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to work with medical or nursing staff, in order to resolve problems and concerns regarding specimens or lab tests.
- Ability to ensure effective work of laboratory staff through guidance and training.
- Ability to properly record and evaluate test results, production records and quality control statistics.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on