State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Cash Application Specialist (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm)
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43241BR
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the department Manager, the Cash Application Specialist is responsible for processing electronic and manual remittance transactions, posting complex payment and contractual adjustments to patient accounts. This position is also responsible for reconciling cash transactions, third party remittances, and credit/debit card payments. The Cash Application Specialist downloads, posts and reconciles electronic remittance files and works with the billing representatives to resolve posting problems. Also responsible for identifying credit balances and issuing refunds, for billing balances to secondary payers after Medicare and the follow-up and collections of past due payments on Client accounts. Has a general knowledge of third party billing, contractual allowance postings and all related functions.
- Receives and posts check payments on a daily basis from patients and insurance companies to the patient's account.
- Performs reconciliation of daily deposits to the cash postings.
- Researches unidentified payments for proper posting or return to the payer within 48 hrs of receipt.
- Responsible for processing credit card payments.
- Calculates all contractual allowances to be posted to the patient in conjunction with the cash posting and insures that patient balances are in the self pay bucket.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Strong understanding of HIPAA privacy
- Keyboarding and calculator skills
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply