Case Mgr II
Job ID: 95120
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7am-730pm Sat/Sun/one day during week
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Weekend Option
What You Will Do:
Case Manager II
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
Under general supervision of the Manager of Case Management, the Case Manager provides care coordination and discharge planning for an assigned patient case load. The Case Manager will assess individual patient’s needs, coordinate and implement plans of care and monitor and evaluate outcomes across the continuum of care.
Principal Responsibilities and Task
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Assesses assigned patients and integrates psycho social assessment within the multidisciplinary team. Works collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team to determine potential and actual risks to recovery and formulates plan to determine appropriate level of care upon disposition from the acute care setting.
- Accountable for developing and coordinating the implementation of Discharge Plan A and alternative Plan B, including documentation in the medical record
- Multidisciplinary collaboration with physicians, nursing, social work, and multiple disciplines, departments, payers, and agencies to eliminate barriers to efficient delivery of care in the appropriate setting
- Facilitates timely transition plan
- Active leadership role in the ongoing management of inpatient length of stay and the reduction of readmissions across the organization
- Integrates work with ambulatory and clinic transitional case managers
- Leadership in care management rounds, interprets, and integrates the patient’s story into the overall multidisciplinary plan of care
- Develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of complex problematic issues and elevates to leads as necessary
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
Licensure as a Registered Nurse or other equivalent health care license in the state of Maryland required.
A minimum of 12 months of experience as a case manager is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working with staff to understand the clinical environment and how patients respond to illness brings me joy to my life. It has helped to enrich my professional career, and hopefully I have helped to enrich the professional lives of others.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW