Case Manager Registered Nurse
The RN Case Manager serves as a leader of the complex discharge planning process and a valued member of the healthcare team. They collaborate with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate proactive/complex/ safe discharge plans. Collaborates with MSW for guidance with psychosocially complex cases. The RN Case Manager is also responsible for facilitating coordination of care. The RN Case Manager along with the other members of the healthcare team accepts responsibility, authority and accountability for management of care. This shall be in accordance with the current policies and procedures, mission, vision, and values of Novant Health. Serves as a resource for discharge planning and care coordination for medically complex cases. Maintains current knowledge of available community resources/post acute care options.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing or BSN required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Two or more year’s healthcare experience preferred. Case Management or related experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in state of employment required.
- Additional Skills Required: Weekend and holiday coverage.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Knowledge/Competence of Microsoft office products and keyboarding.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health