Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Functions independently and collaboratively to assure appropriate utilization of resources for patients across the continuum of care. Responsible for facilitating a timely and effective discharge plan in collaboration with the patient/family physician and other care givers. Coordinates patient care across an episode of care.
1) Bachelor of Science in Nursing required with minimum of four years current experience in a health care setting, preferably acute care; or Bachelor of Social Work from an accredited school of social work with minimum of four years experience; preferably acute care setting.
2) A Master of Social Work from an accredited school of social work or Master of Science in Nursing with a minimum of two years experience in a health care setting, acute care setting is preferred.
1) In addition to above, preference is given to previous case management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of hospital admitting procedures, health care legislation and government/regulatory health related agencies.
2) Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly; actively listens.
3) Works well with others to solve interpersonal conflicts and problems without need of superiors.
4) Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems.
5) Computer skills are desirable.
1) If training is in Nursing, incumbent must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.