Case Management Assistant
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Works with patient registration staff to identify and verify insurance coverage for all patients. Assists the Case Managers with daily utilization review activities to assure payment of hospital stays.
1) Must be high school graduate.
2) Business courses and training preferred.
3) Prefer candidates who have satisfactorily completed a course in medical terminology.
4) If no prior medical terminology experience, must satisfactorily complete medical terminology course within three months of start date.
1) One year of healthcare related or public contact experience required.
2) Preference given to candidates with previous experience with automated hospital admission procedure systems, personal computers, word processing and data base software.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2) A pleasant, personable demeanor is necessary for success in this position, as well as strong organizational management skills.