CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR 12HR FEATURED
The Care Transitions Navigator will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes, patient throughput, and discharge planning while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The Care Transitions Navigator will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes minimizing delays in discharge plans.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Master's degree in Social Work, Registered Nurse with BSN preferred. Hospital case management experience preferred
- LMSW/LBSW, or RN as licensed by the Texas Board of Examiners, CCM or ACM preferred
- 1 Year related work experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to periodically flex work schedule as indicated by client or hospital needs
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with all levels of staff
- Ability to communicate in an articulate manner, both verbally and in writing, and demonstrate empathy, flexibility, and objectiveness, and maintains a professional approach to handling confidential information.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion planned, our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children's services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Journey to Magnet Excellence® hospital
- Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist