Care Tech 7121
The Care Technician performs skills as part of the perioperative team. Promotes effective departmental functions. Performs appropriate care for patients and family of all age-specific groups.
- Assists/performs patient care within the Care Technician scope of practice as required in a safe and timely manner as evidenced by feedback. Ambulating and positioning of patients, linen changes, stocking, vital signs, correct application of equipment (CPM’s, sequential teds, plexipulse etc,) and transport of patients.
- Accurate documentation and collection of data such as vital signs and preop checklist information.
- Prepares Preop and PACU for the planned surgical day. Assembles charts accurately, gathers appropriate labels, lab data, H & P, etc, for the chart as soon as available. Shows initiative in completing the chart assembly. Anticipates the unit’s needs for the day. Has O2 tanks and CPM pads readily available day as evident by feedback from leadership, coworkers, and peers.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, hospital, and staff information.
- Performs Preop Interview within scope of practice. Refers appropriate questions to nursing or anesthesia staff when unsure of clinical data as evidenced by leadership, nursing, and anesthesia feedback.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient care environment. Assists in cleaning Preop/PACU rooms, equipment, and maintains cleanliness of areas around patients bedside and bathroom.
- Follows Universal Precautions , appropriate isolation and infection control policies.
- Uses good body mechanics, promotes patient safety, and demonstrates understanding of hospital, fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- Participates in VVSC and Vail Health QI programs including confidential occurance reporting.
- Attends/meets annual requirements (i.e. Environment of Care, Occupational Health, Net Learning).
- Functions as an effective care team member as evidenced by feedback. Demonstrates accountable communication, reporting of significant findings, and continual communication among care team members throughout shift and day to day to provide quality care. Attends staff meetings.
- Practices timely, efficient, and cost effective care, as evidenced by: accurate entering of charges, consistently offers assistance to coworkers, changes priorities as patients needs change, is cross departmentally trained.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize delegated duties. Communicates to appropriate personnel when the task will be completed if there is a conflict as evidenced by coworker feedback.
- Arrives to work on time supported by time and attendance statistics.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
One year experience preferred
One of the following is required:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by the state of Colorado
- Certified in the state of Colorado as Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) by the American Medical Certification Association
Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- For a Medical Assistant: Completion of a Medical Assistant Training program for positions hired after 09/15/2018 required