Care Supervisor, LPN (Supervisor of Medical Assistants)
Location Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0017244
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as hiring manager for Care Promoters.
- Orients new Care Promoters to their duties including philosophy of care, patient flow and clinical competencies.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures clinical and quality standards of ChenMed are consistently met.
- Addresses/resolves any customer-service issues and elevates them to Center Manager and/or Market Clinical Manager as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information.
- Collaborates with PCPs to manage performance of assigned Care Promoters including annual review, goal setting, corrective action, PIP and termination.
- Monitors team performance from a clinical perspective, identifies issues, works through resolutions and provides both informal and formal feedback.
- Provides ongoing education and training in collaboration with the Market Clinical Manager to enable team members to meet patient care and organizational priorities.
- Ensures completion of patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning care team members and following up on work results.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; ensuring completion of preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Monitors the number of patients and wait time to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
- Triages patient phone messages making sure patient calls are thoroughly vetted and routed to the correct team member and returned in an appropriate time frame.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory by studying usage reports, identifying trends, anticipating needed supplies and approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Completes all required training to dispense medications from medication room. .
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assists in screening of walk-ins as needed and directs team in overall screening process.
- Ensures accuracy of medications provided to patients.
- Ensures accurate indexing of all paperwork.
- Inspects pharmacy log and inventory.
- Monitors physicians’ activities and assist with their needs.
- Maintains clinical and quality control logs, including diagnostic tracking.
- Coordinates the distribution of lab specimens.
- Ensures all related reports, labs and information are available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Compassion and empathy for our patients and family members.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals.
- Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skilled in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Skilled in taking patients’ vital signs and obtaining blood and other samples for laboratory work.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and effectively lead a team of Care Promoters.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to be calm and flexible in busy or stressful situations.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 5% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related clinical work experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with a valid, active license to practice nursing in current state of employment.
- Medical Assistants with significant (>5yrs) clinical and leadership experience may be considered in lieu of L.
- IV Therapy certification required by state board of nursing in Florida and Pennsylvania markets.
- CPR for healthcare providers required.
- Experience working with geriatric patients preferred.
- EMR system experience a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience highly desired.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
The Care Supervisor is a healthcare and leadership-focused position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients. Care Supervisors will facilitate interdisciplinary support and collaboration within and across care teams to ensure our patients receive high quality care in a timely manner. Care Supervisors will develop care team members in their assigned Center to make sure they are providing care consistent with ChenMed standards.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director