Care Promotor/ LPN- Spanish Speaking
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0015099
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general nursing care, under supervision, so that physicians and clinicians can focus on more specialized areas in patient care.
- Assists with exams or procedures, patient education and maintenance of medical records.
- Compiles patient health information, takes and records vital statistics, takes blood pressure and conducts other basic care treatments. Records patients' medical history and other information such as test results in the medical record.
- Prepares patients for examination; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures, medications, diet and physicians' instructions to patient; provides disease specific patient education.
- Draws blood (phlebotomy) and collects other lab specimens; performs waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications ordered by the physician, fills pill boxes as ordered by the physician, changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures, performs IV Therapy in accordance with State Practice act; uses CPR skills when necessary.
- Screens calls and walk ins; collects pertinent clinical information and relays it to the physician, implements orders as appropriate and documents observations and interventions in the medical record.
- Maintains supplies & equipment and stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct. Completes internal certification to use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Processes patient phone messages, returns calls and routes them to other team members as appropriate. Contacts patients to obtain and relay pertinent information from the physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Excellent clinical skills to identify, diagnose and appropriately resolve patient issues
- Good non-clinical skills to assist with dressing, physical exercise, restroom visits, etc. as needed
- Good motor skills to effectively calibrate equipment, manipulate intravenous equipment, administer injections, position and transport patients when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including physicians, clinicians, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to exercise patience, compassion and empathy for patients and family members
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations
- Good time management to ensure tasks are completed timely and efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited school for practical or vocational nursing required
- Current, active LPN license to practice in state of employment required
- If required by employment State’s Board of Nursing, IV Therapy Certification required
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as an LPN required
- A minimum of 3 years overall clinical experience is preferred
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience is preferred
The Care Promoter, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. The overall duties and responsibilities of this role may vary slightly depending on the market and size, location and patient volume of their assigned center. The incumbent in this role is an integral member of a Physician-led care team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients. He/She guides patient through complex and routine medical and social challenges in a manner that fosters trust and respect between the patient and the care team.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Medical Assistant - PRN
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 11/18/2020
Medical Assistant - PRN
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 11/12/2020
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 01/28/2021
LPN Care Promoter - PRN
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 08/26/2020