Care Promoter, LPN
Location Richmond, Virginia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0011467
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discusses and records patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in the medical record.
- Prepares patients for examination and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures, medications, diet and physicians' instructions to patient; provides disease specific patient education.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications ordered by the physician, fill pill boxes as ordered by the physician, changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures uses CPR skills when necessary
- Screens calls and walk ins; collects pertinent clinical information and relays it to the physician, implements orders as appropriate and documents observations and interventions in the medical record.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; Complete internal certification to use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- This position requires 5-10% of travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited school for practical or vocational nursing required
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as an LPN required
- A minimum of 3 years overall clinical experience is preferred
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience is preferred
The Care Promoter 1 is an unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician supervision in accordance with state practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a Physician-led Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Care Promoter LPN PRN
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 11/25/2020
Location Richmond, Virginia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 03/10/2021
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 02/24/2021
Care Promoter 3 (PRN)
Location Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 02/24/2021
Care Promoter PRN
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 03/03/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director