Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Cardiovascular Tech II
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41796BR
Job Summary: The Cardiovascular Technologist reports to the Technical Director - Invasive Cardiology. This position is responsible for operation of hemo-dynamic monitoring equipment, all radiographic and angiographic equipment and operation knowledge of sterile technique.
- Applies concepts of sterile technique to setup procedural workspace. Prepares and drapes patients using standard sterile technique. Accurately monitors, assesses, and documents hemodynamic measurements and objective procedural steps for all procedures.
- Independently operates all imaging and non-imaging systems/devices/consoles necessary to support all clinical situations. Able to independently troubleshoot all equipment issues. Calls for service, maintains documentation of issues, and alerts management. Assists physician in completion of all procedures. Takes peripheral and cardiac call as scheduled.
- Ensures that all documents/images associated with the patient record are accurately labeled with correct patient identifiers. Responsible for ensuring that all images obtained during the procedure are stored correctly in PACS. Assists in resolving all manner of PACS issues as directed.
- Always applies the ALARA principle to maintain a safe environment for patients and all procedural staff during procedures. Monitors radiation exposure during procedure and advises physician. Documents all fluoroscopy times and radiation doses accurately. Ensures that all radiation badges are worn by staff and physicians.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals. Promotes the development of collaborative relationships with peers and other health professionals by articulating practice issues and communication in a professional and constructive manner. Advocates for patient safety at all times.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and Certificate 2 Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply