Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Unregistered
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Position is directly involved in the daily operation of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory under the direction of the Manager, Cardiology & Pulmonary Services. Assumes responsibility for following rules during procedures performed in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: patient preparation prior to procedure; assist physician in the sterile field (scrub); monitor and document patient hemodynamics; Monitors patient receiving moderate sedation (with current Advanced Cardiac Life Support status); functions as the second circulator in the procedure room, and patient recovery post-procedure. Maintains supply inventory, equipment and data. Serves as technical resource for co-workers. Participates in orientation of new staff. Participates in reporting of procedural data to benchmarking, regulatory, or accreditation agency (ies), as required. Participates with all team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Participates in on-call rotation for emergency cardiovascular procedures outside normal operating hours. Will be assigned to the Electrophysiology Suite for procedures.
1) At least two years of post-secondary healthcare education and experience in a technical patient care field or a graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program in health sciences (includes but not limited to cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing).
1) Preferred experience in cardiac monitoring, rhythm analysis, and venous access skills.
2) Previous cath lab experience in the last five years or at least three years of interventional radiology experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Displays confidence in own job performance.
2) Adheres to philosophy of Performance Improvement and participates as requested.
3) Evidences customer service commitment in performance of job duties.
4) Remains calm in changing work situations.
5) Adapts to changes in routine and schedule.
6) Accepts additional responsibilities when assigned.
7) Consistently exhibits positive daily work attitude.
8) Must demonstrate the ability to work with patients' families who are often under physical and/or emotional stress. Must have ability to work cooperatively with other personnel in the department and in other areas of the Medical Center.
1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
2) Within (4) four months meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Advanced Cardiac Healthcare Provider Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
3) If incumbent does not have active Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) credential through Cardiovascular Credentialing International at time of hire or transfer, must obtain RCIS credential within one (1) year of meeting the requirements. The requirements are as follows: one year of full time work experience in invasive cardiovascular technology and 600 cardiac diagnostic/interventional procedures in their career which is defined as work experience and/ or clinical experience gained during a formal educational program.