Cardiology Technician II (Cardiology Lab) – PRN/CPT – Days
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 3, 2021
Performs all non-invasive cardiovascular testing including EKGs, Stress and Holter, Event and BP monitors.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs all non-invasive cardiac diagnostic testing, including EKGs, stress tests, and Holter monitors, according to department standards.
- Explains procedures to patient's, providing instructions and direct care to ensure accuracy and patient comfort.
- Uses knowledge and demonstrates expertise in current modalities used to perform non-invasive cardiac testing.
- Uses knowledge of advanced cardiac rhythm.
- Recognizes artifact and eliminates probable source; troubleshoots minor equipment problems.
- Maintains equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Operates equipment in a accordance with all department safety guidelines.
- Processes reports, including typing, copying, and filing.
- Answers telephones and schedules appointments according to established procedures.
- Maintains activity and usage logs as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of previous experience in an automated business/medical office setting.
- Three years previous experience in cardiac diagnostic testing, including Holter, BP, Event monitoring and IV Stats, as Cardiology Assistant or Medical Assistant.
- Previous medical records experience with working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification or must obtain within 90-days from date of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)