Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Perform sonographic procedures to assist in the diagnosis of medical conditions.
1) High school diploma or equivalent.
2) Completion of a specialized training program in Ultrasonic Technology or on the-job training with a registered sonographer preferred.
1) One year of experience performing ultrasound procedures in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1)Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
2) Knowledge of ultrasound equipment and procedures, protocols and safety hazards common to administering ultrasounds including equipment, body mechanics and patient movement.
3) Knowledge of physician office procedures, ICD-9 and CPT coding guidelines.
4) Skill in conducting equipment operation training to co-workers.
5) Ability to operate a computer and access applicable programs.
6) Ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively and to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions and procedures.
7) Ability to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems and perform simple adjustments.
8) Skill in the production and communication of sonograms.
1) Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or registry eligible for cardiac sonography
2) Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) for vascular sonography.
3) CPR certification.