State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Cardiac Monitor Technician -Student
Req ID: 39215BR
Job Summary: Performs general business support responsibilities related to the student's program of study under department supervision.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and calibrates medical equipment used by the anesthesia team in Cardiac Surgery and Liver Transplant Procedures. Operates and troubleshoots monitoring equipment. Obtains, prepares and sends blood samples to laboratory.
- Records laboratory data. Coordinates transport of critically ill patients to and from the operating room. Provides night and weekend call coverage for emergency Cardiac Surgery and Liver Transplant Procedures.
- Stocks anesthesia equipment and supplies. Assists in orientation of residents and medical students to cardiac room procedures and equipment. Assists in other cases as requested by the Anesthesia Floor Manager.
- Organizes and performs a variety of responsibilities that provide practical experience in the field of the Student's academic program and support the business functions of the department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Currently enrolled in an academic program in a College, University or other advanced educational institution
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply