State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Cardiac Monitor Technician
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36517BR
Job Summary: Assists with invasive cardiac monitoring and life support of surgical patients. Provides assistance during the placement of intravenous and central venous monitoring lines.
- Coordinates and calibrates medical equipment used by the anesthesia team in Cardiac Surgery and Liver Transplant Procedures. Operates and troubleshoots monitoring equipment. Obtains, prepares and sends blood samples to laboratory.
- Records laboratory data. Coordinates transport of critically ill patients to and from the operating room. Provides night and weekend call coverage for emergency Cardiac Surgery and Liver Transplant Procedures.
- Stocks anesthesia equipment and supplies. Assists in orientation of residents and medical students to cardiac room procedures and equipment. Assists in other cases as requested by the Anesthesia Floor Manager.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Must have basic understanding of electronic circuitry for minor troubleshooting of equipment.
- Must have the capability to work long hours before, during and after open heart procedures and maintain efficiency often under stressful conditions.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- 1-3 years related work experience.
- Familiarity with needles, syringes, and stopcocks usually acquired when working in a clinical or research laboratory, or in a patient care setting.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply