Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks.
1) Associate Degree in Business or equivalent education and experience.
1) A minimum of 2 years purchasing experience.
2) Previous computer experience on a personal computer with knowledge of inventory systems, data entry and data base maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Microsoft Word and Excel-Intermediate Level.
2) Ability to perform multiple duties effectively and independently in an environment of continuous change and interruptions.
3) Ability to deal with individuals at all job levels both within and outside the hospital, i.e., supply representatives.