Provides leadership and coordination of the program’s financial planning and budget management functions, monitors practice budgets and ensures access to appropriate data for clinical and educational outcomes. Accountable for the financial activity of the program, including annual budget development, production of regular financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of financial and operating records for accuracy, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the provision of information to CMH financial and operations teams, promptly respond to requests, and communicate results as prescribed by CMH guidelines.
- Ensure the effective use of program resources (i.e., expenditures) and that receivables are collected promptly.
- Coordinate the provision of information to Program Director, Practice Managers, and Program Manager
- Ensure timely and complete management financial statements and required reporting (monthly, quarterly, & annually).
- Recommend and monitor benchmarks against which to measure the performance of operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Collaborate with the CMH Accounting Department to ensure completion of required reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Monitor and authorize, as delegated, the prudent use of all Oscar Treat Turner Funds (and any future endowment funds)
- Monitor and submit CME expenditures
- Work with Legal Department as needed for ongoing PLAs, changes of status, and contracting requirements
- Work with CMH for securing and monitoring of additional revenue clinical sources such as Opioid Health Home PMPM funds
- Monitor CMS reporting and GME funding
- Work with faculty to develop appropriate Pro Forma and data gathering essential for new initiatives
- Work with IT to ensure appropriate data collection for educational outcomes and accreditation reporting
- Perform an active role in ongoing accreditation, committees, and leadership teams
- Monitor financial relationships with outside institutions (UNE, etc)
- Assist in budget development and monitoring for grants
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Finance or Business Administration with a healthcare focus or similar education; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in the healthcare arena, and a proven ability with business plan development required.
- Leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels are required.
- Outstanding oral communication and presentation skills when dealing with all levels of the organization are essential.
- Ability to interpret data and formulate conclusions. Ability to make informed decisions based upon an analysis of information and data
- Critical thinking skills, and a proven ability to effect positive changes in the healthcare environment.